Sunday, March 25, 2007

WHAT CAN GOD DO WITH A WOMAN LIKE ME?
I never thought that I would be wandering around cities at 11 pm passing out angel pins. But there I was, meeting people: junkies, a mother of a young woman arrested for prostitution twice in one day, and a lady who had been hit 50 times in the head. Even a man with a gun saying “No one will get hurt, I just need money for my baby.” That isn’t what I had in mind when I began my 7000-mile trek. I called my trip THE ANGELS ALONG THE WAY GOODWILL TOUR and had a sign company put those words and my web site address (www.teamofangels.com) on my van’s rear window.

Leaving from our Philadelphia suburb, I felt a great sense of anticipation and wondered what our immediate future held. My van was loaded with thousands of angel pins attached to a bookmark with a poem I had written. I wanted to reach out to others who were healing from hurts and disappointments and give them a little token of encouragement: my little gold team of angels pin. (photographs available)

I had the pins packed in hundreds of plastic bags, each containing a dozen or more pins. I planned to leave them in churches, hospitals, drug rehab clinics and shelters. As I stopped at Holiday Inns, Pizza Huts and Cracker Barrel restaurants, I left a bag in the ladies restrooms. I hoped that traveling people would find them and be encouraged.

The words of the poems were penned by me during a dark time in my life…. when I was placing all of my hope on the Good Shepherd. Before I placed a bag in a restroom, I prayed God, “please bless the person who finds this pin.” It didn’t take long until the black vehicle in front of me moved me to tears.

I would very much appreciate the opportunity to share ANGELS TO THE RESCUE with your ORGANIZATION or the readers of your publication. I welcome interviews and speaking engagements. If you would prefer that I be interviewed by one of your established contributors, that would be great. Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to hearing from you.

Very truly yours,


Patricia C. Gallagher
215-272-1933

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If a man comes to your front door and says he is conducting a survey And asks you to show him your bum, do not show him your bum. This is a scam. He only wants to see your bum. I wish I had got this yesterday. I feel so stupid and cheap. -The Bum http://www.widgetmate.com/posters Some of the best images available for free.