Tuesday, January 23, 2007

christian women's retreat, Christian speaker, inspirational speaker

Inspirational speaker:
Patricia Gallagher, author, 215-272-1933, www.teamofangels.com, yngsparro@aol.com

Topic for workshop: WHEN THINGS FELL APART
Introduction:
My life was going well. Four healthy children, husband with a good job, and we were about to buy a new house-five bedroom with a pool in a great neighborhood for raising a family. Tragedy intervened and my husband was seriously injured in an accident. He spent five weeks in the hospital and came home to an orthopedic hospital set up in our living room. It was very difficult for all of us. I had never been a caregiver before and I found it led me to moments of near despair. On many evenings, I sat in the backyard, gazed up at the stars and cried out to God, “ How am I going to do it?”
Today, I will share my testimony about why hitting my rock bottom has been a million dollar spiritual gift.

Reading: The Serenity Prayer
Opening Song: Regina Belle – If I Could

The following spiritual seeds helped me to make changes in my life:
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Don’t dial up pain.
I can’t. God can. I need to let Him.
When the mother gets healthy, the family gets better.
Help someone: say YOUR prayers – BLESS THEM, HELP ME
You are very important. (Post on your mirror for daily reading.)
I am worth the changes that are good for me.
When one person over-functions, the other under-functions.
I want to have a joy-filled life. I want to be a strong, courageous adult woman.
I am doing this because I care about me.
NO is a complete sentence. Stop explaining yourself to others.
Mind your own business. (When helping too much hurts them. Let go and let God.)
The importance of wearing an I LOVE MYSELF BRACELET.

Mom, what do you need most?
To know I am normal.
Support.
To know that being a mother is important.
Someone to understand how I feel.
Time with God. Time alone.


What helps?
Prayer, affirmations, deep breathing, relaxation, reading self-help books, listening to self-help audiotapes, support groups, retreats, talking to friends, conferences for women
QUESTIONS AND ANSWER SESSION

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well i really enjoy inspirational speaker one motivated me from doing drugs
..............................
gin davis
http://www.christian-drug-rehab.org