Monday, January 22, 2007

inspirational speaker, Patricia Gallagher

Seminar topic, inspirational speaker, workshop, retreat, women’s conference, Patricia Gallagher, www.teamofangels.com, 215-272-1933

HOW THE TEAM OF ANGELS BOOKMARK PROJECT BEGAN:

Introduction:
After my husband’s accident, finances were now strained and we were struggling to stay in our smaller home, not the new one. My husband’s paycheck was drastically reduced due to a disability salary while the cost of medical co-pays and uncovered medical expenses mounted. I was not able to work outside of the home because I needed to wear the hats of mother, father and caregiver. I was feeling totally overwhelmed and began writing poems which were probably more like prayers asking for divine assistance. Each day I would go to the Monastery of the Poor Clares in Langhorne and write a poem which eventually became laminated bookmarks, 78,500 of them. I just received a shipment of 50,000 more.

Readings: The Team of Angels for the Overwhelmed
A Team of Angels to Protect My Loved Ones
Song: Johnny Cash – What on Earth Will You Do (For Heaven’s Sake)

THE TEAM OF ANGELS GOOD WILL TOUR – summer 2006

I never thought that I would be wandering around cities at 11 pm passing out angel pins and bookmarks. But there I was, meeting people: junkies, a mother of a young woman arrested for prostitution twice in one day, and a lady who had been hit 50 times in the head. Even a man saying “No one will get hurt, I need money for my baby.” That isn’t what I had in mind when I began my 7000-mile trek. I called my trip THE ANGELS ALONG THE WAY GOODWILL TOUR and had a sign company put those words and my web site address (www.teamofangels.com) on my van’s rear window.
What lesson did a beautiful, young heroin addict waiting outside a detox center in Boston teach me about parenting?
How did a middle-aged West Virginian mother with a 19-year-old daughter serving 45 years in a federal prison show me what really matters in life?
How did Erma, a Disney employee from Epcot, help me put my marriage back together?
What do I think of the 30,000 letters and e-mails that I received from the 78,500 people who have my angel pins?
Why did I pass out thousands of my TEAM OF ANGELS pins to hospital emergency room patients, addiction centers, disabled veterans, 5000 soldiers in the Middle East desert, and grief support groups
What made me leave baskets and plastic bags filled with thousands of Angel pins in the bathrooms of highway rest stops, Pizza Huts, Cracker Barrels, Holiday Inns, toll booths and to folks with broken down vehicles on the side of the road?
Why do I keep a large basket of Angel pins on my front porch in Pennsylvania, with a sign that says: FREE ANGEL PINS TO HELP AND ENCOURAGE –PLEASE KNOCK IF YOU NEED MORE?


QUESTIONS AND ANSWER SESSION

No comments: