Monday, January 22, 2007

Team of angels pins - inspirational speaker

Patricia Gallagher – 484-932-8311
HOW THE TEAM OF ANGELS BOOKMARK PROJECT BEGAN:

(I sold my house and used the proceeds to fund giving away 50, 000 angel pins attached to an inspirational bookmark. I am no longer able to do this and would like to ask my fellow Americans help to continue. I hope I can tell my story to help others.

THE TEAM OF ANGELS GOOD WILL TOUR – summer 2006

I never thought that I would be wandering around cities at 11 pm passing out angel pins and bookmarks. But there I was, meeting people: junkies, a mother of a young woman arrested for prostitution twice in one day, and a lady who had been hit 50 times in the head. Even a man saying with a gun saying “No one will get hurt, I need money for my baby.” That isn’t what I had in mind when I began my 7000-mile trek. I called my trip THE ANGELS ALONG THE WAY GOODWILL TOUR and had a sign company put those words and my web site address (www.teamofangels.com) on my van’s rear window.
What lesson did a beautiful, young heroin addict waiting outside a detox center in Boston teach me about parenting?
How did a middle-aged West Virginian mother with a 19-year-old daughter serving 45 years in a federal prison show me what really matters in life?
How did Erma, a Disney employee from Epcot, help me put my marriage back together?
What do I think of the 30,000 letters and e-mails that I received from the 78,500 people who have my angel pins?
Why did I pass out thousands of my TEAM OF ANGELS pins to hospital emergency room patients, addiction centers, disabled veterans, 5000 soldiers in the Middle East desert, and grief support groups
What made me leave baskets and plastic bags filled with thousands of Angel pins in the bathrooms of highway rest stops, Pizza Huts, Cracker Barrels, Holiday Inns, toll booths and to folks with broken down vehicles on the side of the road?
Why do I keep a large basket of Angel pins on my front porch in Pennsylvania, with a sign that says: FREE ANGEL PINS TO HELP AND ENCOURAGE –PLEASE KNOCK IF YOU NEED MORE?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You sparked my interest amd I want to help. What's the rest of the story?

TEAM OF ANGELS said...

Thsnk you, Sue. I haven't been on this blog for ages.. I hope you can call me or send me an email
theangelpinlady@gmail.com
www.aboutdepression.com or www.teamofangels.com