Tuesday, January 23, 2007

thank our troops, support our soldiers, support troops, support military, team of angels, Patricia Gallagher

Patricia Gallagher
www.teamofangels.com
484-932-8311


SOMETIMES ALL IT TAKES IS JUST ONE LITTLE ANGEL PIN TO BRIGHTEN A SOLDIER’S DAY!

What does a mother do when her two sons are involved in life-threatening battles, one as a soldier deployed to the Balkans and the other son battling leukemia here at home? My friend faced this tragic situation. I wrote a poem to cheer up our troops. I attached a little angel pin that I created, fashioned from craft products, to a bookmark bearing the poem A TEAM OF ANGELS TO THANK OUR UNITED STATES ARMED FORCES. My four children and I sent 5000 overseas - three little angels holding hands, reaching out with a heartfelt “thank you”.
On September 22, in a crowd of 45,634 people at a Phillies vs. the Marlins game, I met two vets (unsung heroes) who had received my Team of Angels pin, one wearing it on his hat.
I’ve been clean and sober 79 days. I got this Angel Pin from a guy when I was sitting on a picnic table on a real sunny day. He said ‘ain’t gonna need this anymore’ and he gave it to me. I look at them angels every day.
My nephew gave one to me –yep, I love those three little angels.
In the middle of Ryan Howard’s home run, David Larsen, the former paratrooper called his nephew. You’re not going to believe who I am sitting with. The lady that makes those angel pins
I opened a desk drawer and looked at the letters from soldiers, sailors, marines, airmen as well as the Department of Defense, the Secretary of the Navy, and the Veterans of Foreign War.
I am not living on the streets because I am a bum. How does a soldier who fought for his country become homeless? Why have lots of my buddies ended up in jail for drugs and domestic abuse? I lost my wife, my house and my kids. My drinking and rage drove my family away.
Nobody understands what it’s like to have your body crushed, watch your friends blown up and every night still hear the sound of the artillery in your mind.
Your little angel pins make us feel like the heroes we want to be.
If you can make an old military man like me cry here in the desert, I can only imagine what this pin means to our young soldiers here in Iraq.
Having your teams of angels on my humvee makes me feel safe.
I read the letter from a former Vietnam prisoner of war. I pictured his battered face as he told me what my little pins must mean to servicemen and women fighting in Iraq.
A TEAM OF ANGELS TO THANK OUR UNITED STATES ARMED FORCES
You’re positive, uplifting
Brave, courageous, fun.
The angels bring with grateful joy
Our thanks for all you’ve done.

They bring strength from heaven’s garden
In bouquets of love and cheer
And prayers full of blessings
To protect our forces, far and near!

Why am I doing this? God, am I on the right track? My cell phone rang:
Hi,
I am a Sergeant First Class in the United States Army. While in Kosovo as part of the initial entry force, a soldier in my battery gave me a Team of Angels pin which I wore as part of my uniform, over my heart, under my left breast pocket flap everywhere I went. The pin has since broken. Could you please send me another pin?
Hang in. Don’t hang up. Don’t worry, Sergeant the pins are on their way!
Pins are available for purchase, www.teamofangels.com, 215-272-1933

No comments: