Tuesday, January 23, 2007

inspirational story, inspirational speaker, women's retreat, Patricia Gallagher, team of angels, inpirational gift

ANGELS ON ALERT
Golden trio of angel pins at the core of personal ministry

I never thought that I would be wandering around cities at eleven o’clock at night passing out angel pins. But there I was, meeting people: junkies, a mother of a young woman arrested for prostitution twice in one day, a lady who had been hit 50 times in the head, even a man with a gun saying “No one will get hurt, I need money for my baby.” That isn’t what I had in mind this past summer when I began my 7000-mile trek. I called my trip THE ANGELS ALONG THE WAY GOODWILL TOUR and had a sign company put those words and my web site address (http://www.teamofangels.com/) on my van’s rear window.

These are indeed despairing times for Middle American families as the war in Iraq continues, gas prices soar and family budgets are strained. Mom and dad are working two or three jobs to just make ends meet. Serious illnesses such as multiple sclerosis, and cancer are on the rise, and unexpected natural disasters, such as Katrina, seem to be hitting more frequently and closer to home.

In answer to these troubles, I set out on a mission of hope to bring my Teams of Angels to Middle America to help these overwhelmed families and individuals. What I found and whom I met uplifted my hope and taught me valuable lessons about the strength of the human spirit.

My trek across Middle America has been featured in various press venues, including The Boston Globe, The Philadelphia Inquirer, The Montgomery County Times Herald, Catholic News Service, the nightly news in West Virginia and South Carolina, and a radio show in Georgia, among others.

I would like to share a spirit-lifting story!


Thank you for your time and consideration.

Patricia Gallagher
Team of Angels, 215-272-1933. Box 561, Worcester, PA 19490
http://www.teamofangels.com/

No comments: